The Senour Paint Company was founded in 1878 when Phillip and William Senour
opened a retail paint store in Chicago. Six years later, they began
manufacturing paint in a mill they installed behind the store and changed the
company name to The Senour Manufacturing Company. During that same year, they
hired a part time salesman and errand boy named Zelotes E. Martin, who soon
helped the company increase their gross earnings dramatically and eventually
became president and principle owner.
The company name was changed to Martin Senour in 1903. Surviving the Great
Depression and impending bankruptcy, Martin Senour became the first company to
introduce a revolutionary new color system consisting of 1,500 color shades
derived from 16 tinting colors in 1939. This system revolutionized the painting
Today, Martin Senour manufactures quality paints for consumer, contractor and
industrial applications and is one of the oldest and most respected paint brands
in North America. Our paints are distributed throughout the U.S. by a nationwide
network of independent paint dealers.
101 West Prospect AvenueCleveland OH 44115