The essence of quality craftsmanship
Keeping the heritage alive
Eterna wood is selected for its special characteristics and beauty - only the
finest will do. Heritage is then preserved by transforming each strip with the
Permatech™ process, which combines modern technology, the know-how of our
personnel and our love of wood.
- Stringent quality controls are conducted every 10 minutes throughout the
manufacturing process to ensure
quality and consistency of each floorboard.
- Computer-controlled drying keeps humidity at an ideal level, between 6%
and 9%, for long term stability.
- All strips are carefully hand placed in cartons for a final quality
- Eterna hardwood is manufactured to achieve a constant 3/4" (19 mm)
thickness, for long lasting
stability and a smooth surface.
- Panel sanding evens out the thickness of each strip for optimal
- Floors can be re-sanded at least 5 times.
Tongue and groove
- Tongue and groove is adjusted on all four sides for long lasting and solid
- Small micro-beveled joints on all four sides of the strips result in an
impeccably smooth surface.
- Computer-controlled staining and ultraviolet drying of the strips,
including the micro-beveled joints, ensure
a uniform color.
Optima 100 Finish
Eterna's exclusive Optima 100 finish provides protection against premature wear
under normal residential use. The finish is applied to an optimal thickness of
100 g/m²: More can mask the beauty of the wood and less does not provide
sufficient protection. The Optima 100 finish consists of several thin coats of
polyurethane finish with aluminum oxide and ultraviolet drying for a more
durable finish and a longer lasting shine.
All strips are carefully hand placed in boxes for a final quality inspection.